Monday, December 11, 2006

Whew!


Tonight was my first music rehearsal and boy am I beat! I had forgotten how exhausting singing two hours straight is! Now, I know I was in King and I over the summer but that was different. I wasn't a principal and, therefore, had very little actual singing (I don't think Getting to Know You counts). But Amalia's is the singer role and all of her songs are pretty strenuous, both vocally and dramatically. But, they so much fun! (you can't see it but I'm still kind of doing a happy dance.)


Because I have already learned the music (thanks to a very well-listened-to CD) we began digging in to Amalia's character tonight! WOW! This character hits me so close that it is almost painful. When I have to reveal the innermost vulnerabilities of this girl that, on the surface has it pretty much all together, it kind of pokes me in the eye. It's awesome.

Anyway, I know this is a short update but I'm totally beat. I think I'll put in Pirates of the Caribbean 2 and work on going to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment