Monday, December 4, 2006

Audition Update

Last night was the first night of auditions for She Loves Me. The turnout was smaller than I imagined it would be. Maybe they are all waiting for tonight. Needless to say, I'll be there again tonight. One, because I'm curious as to who else is coming and, two, because I want to read again.

The audition went well. I sang pretty well and, although it wasn't my best audition ever, I still feel good about it. The only hitch on the song was that the lady that played the piano played the song at about 1/2 tempo. It was WAY too slow and it kind of took the sparkle out of it. Plus, it made the finale almost impossible to do correctly so it came out a little crackly (dang allergies). Oh well. I could critique my singing all night but the vocal director and the director were smiling when I finished so I guess that means it was ok.

Reading went really well. One of the two scenes I read I had already pegged to be in the audition, when I scanned the script beforehand. It tickled me that I got to read that scene too, because Amalia goes from being snippy and downright mean to terribly disappointed when she realizes that she's being stood up. It's a great range of emotions.

Movement was a breeze. This show isn't dance heavy anyway (thank God) so she just had us do some simple steps and then put them all together. She said she was looking for cooperative people. I can learn anything but dancing on the spot makes me nervous and I tend to trip over my own feet.

The first read-through is Wednesday, so I should know something tomorrow (hopefully). I think I can wait. *grin* I guess I have J to thank for this new level of patience. Waiting on him all the time has expanded my horizons. Ah, growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment