Monday, December 11, 2006

All the Details You Didn't Need to Know

Friday night we sat around and did nothing. It was fabulous. Saturday we did a little more nothing. Mom and I went out and dropped off a gift at a bridal shower but didn't stay. Her mother called me a couple of weeks ago and said she saw me on television and tracked me down through Mother (her phone number will never change). I haven't seen this friend since college and, even then, it was only in passing. When she and I were at Sam Houston, I was already well into my wild phase and she was an RA (I'm never sure whether to use "a" or "an" there) so we ran in different circles. But we were great friends in high school. 100 years ago. (ok, so it was *gulp* 14 years ago but who's counting?)

Saturday night was awful. I started feeling bad before bed and tossed and turned with a terrible stomach ache all night. I kept thinking, "if I could just throw up, I'd feel better." You know you are sick when you are hoping to throw up. YUCK. Well, I got my wish on Sunday morning. Great. So, I stayed in bed pretty much all day. That means that I missed taking Munchkin to The Nutcracker. Her Nana and K took her. Bummer. They said she was enthralled. I'm sorry I missed it but am glad she got to go.

Yesterday evening was the big banner program/Christmas pageant at church. Well, it's finally over. *grin* Don't get me wrong, it was wonderful and, after it all, I'm glad I was able to take part but I am GLAD it's OVER.

Last night was the first walkthrough for She Loves Me. That was SO fun! Well, it started on a humorous, if a little embarrasing, note. See, apparently, rehearsal began at 6pm. Well, so did the church program. Somewhere, in my brain, I had that it began at 7 (regular start time) so I didn't even bat an eyelash when they announced the readthrough on Sunday. At 6:40, I left the church to head to rehearsal when I noticed a missed call on my cell. It was the vocal director calling to "remind" me that "we started at 6." EEK!! I think I made it to Temple College in about six minutes (normally a 12 minute drive). As I come running in the room, the cast begins laughing because I arrived right on cue for my first entrance. In that scene, Amalia is trying to get a job. She's scatterbrained, flustered and more than a little nervous. It was perfect! I just told the Director that this just proved he type cast me because I seem to run a little late for everything I do! (more laughing ensued)

The run-through was terrific. The cast is really solid vocally and you could see the characters already beginning to click with each other. I am super excited (can you tell?).

I feel fine today but I think I'm going to leave the food one more day. I did try a cup of coffee this morning but was too scared to drink it. I think I'll make some tea in a bit.

Well, y'all have a loverly day. Later, gators.

2 comments:

  1. The part about you flying into rehearsal right on cue was so funny. I am sorry to hear that you're sick though. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The part about you flying into rehearsal right on cue was so funny. I am sorry to hear that you're sick though. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete