Thursday, December 28, 2006

Emerging from the Wrapping Paper

It's OVER! The packages have all been liberated from their gift wrap, the toys have all been broken in and the mommy needs a nap.

Six loads of dishes and laundry later, I'm ready to take down the decorations. Tradition demands the tree stay up until after the first of the year. So, Monday it is. *grin*

It was a great Christmas. I'm SO glad it's over, but it was great.

And now, I'm going to bed. Until next Thanksgiving. I'm going to take a couple of days off but I'll be back next week. Until then, happy New Year!



ps. J is in the Middle East. As far as anybody will tell us, it's going to be July 2008 before he's home. So, the waiting begins. *sigh*

3 comments:

  1. I am happy that you and munchkin had a great Christmas and have enough time to relax before you have to go back to work.

    That really, really stinks about J. I will be praying that he and the rest of his group get home safe and sound, as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy that you and munchkin had a great Christmas and have enough time to relax before you have to go back to work.

    That really, really stinks about J. I will be praying that he and the rest of his group get home safe and sound, as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so sorry j is so far away- i was half hoping he would show up and suprise you on christmas eve or something!
    you did laundry and dishes on christmas day? i am impressed!
    damien and i took down our tree and decorations today (december 30th). a lot earlier than usual- but i was in the mood to get it done.

    ReplyDelete