Monday, December 11, 2006

Re-arranging My Office ... Again

Yes, I know I just rearranged things in here a few months ago. So?

Actually, I think I'm going to like this new arrangement once I get over giving up all of the open space that I had with the previous arrangement.

The downside to the previous arrangement was that I was turned so that most of my back was to the door. For someone that is very easily startled (I hyperfocus on the object of my concentration), this was a recipe for disaster. So, to combat this, I angled my computer so that I would only be partially turned and could see incoming traffic in my peripheral vision. Well, this created a strain in my right shoulder that has begun throbbing all day - even when I'm not at work. Knowing my pre-disposition to stress fractures, joint problems and repetitive motion injuries, I knew that I HAD to rearrange things before I hurt myself.

So, giving up all of my lovely open space, I turned my desk around. It's not too bad. Very..um, cozy, but still room for a visitor to sit down and, well, visit.

I have a big meeting tomorrow and a presentation on Wednesday so I'd better get back to work. Later, gators!

No comments:

Post a Comment