Sunday, August 13, 2006

Pitiful Munchkin

You know, as a parent, we all have days where we just scratch our head and say, "huh?" Yesterday was one of those days. I just didn't have the energy to keep up with Munchkin's rambunctiousness. Normally she is a breeze but yesterday she was a little bit of a handful. I received a really snippy comment on yesterday's post that I will NOT be publishing but it is enough to say that the "anonymous" commenter obviously has no grasp on parenting because I don't know a single parent that DOESN'T occasionally have days where they just want to run off to the circus. Of course I'm glad she's home and of course I'm glad the play is over and I can spend more time with her. DUH.


Today, however, was a good day; filled with revelation. I slept terribly last night. I got a wrong number at 2:30am and had a terrible time getting back to sleep. When I finally did get back to sleep, I had awful dreams.

Munchkin didn't sleep well, either, and woke up on the wrong side of the bed and she picked at breakfast. (the first sign that something wasn't quite right) We got up and went on to church, though. She only made it through Sunday school and half of big church before needing to come home. I could tell she was just so tired.

So, after lunch, we both laid down for naps. She slept almost four hours - a total sleep-a-thon. She didn't get up from her nap until five o'clock! We had a quiet evening, but she was complaining of a stomach ache. ::cringe:: I hope she isn't getting sick.

She was pretty pitiful today. She finally perked up enough after her bath tonight to read a couple of stories before bed. Now, it's almost 10pm and she's finally quiet in there. I think I'm going to finish cleaning off my desk and then crawl into bed too.

No comments:

Post a Comment