Thursday, August 24, 2006

Driving MeMe

Thanks to 3x Thursday for this meme on driving.


1. Do you think you're a good driver? Do you drive defensively or offensively? Why?
I think I was a better driver when I lived in a larger, metropolitan, area. Now, I have lived in a more rural area for two years and my reflexes are slower. I'm a fairly defensive driver. I can say this because I am one, but I think women are worse drivers, in general, than men. It is in our nature to be habitually thinking and/or doing more than one thing at once and that's never a good state to be in while driving.

2. How fast do you normally drive? Do you always go the speed limit, or do you like to speed? Do you believe in the 'flow of traffic' method for speeding?
Oh, for the most part I go the speed limit, except on the highway where I have a tendency to drive about five over. I am a cruise control snob and I try and stay out of the way of those going way under or way over the speed limit.

3. What do you think of those people who drive while talking on the phone? Do you think it impairs their driving? Why/why not? Do you do it?
Well, this is a tricky question. I think that talking on the phone is no more dangerous than talking with another person in the car. Yes, I do talk on the phone while driving.

Bonus Question for Comments: What's one thing that just drives you absolutly bonkers that people do when their driving (or how their driving)?
When people fail on the service road fail to yield to offcoming traffic from the highway. GET OUT OF THE WAY, PEOPLE - we are driving 70 mph and you are going 45 - YOU do the math...

Oh, I have lots of pet peeves about driving. Like people who drive slower than the speed limit and refuse to move over into the right lane.

Like people who think they can bully you into going faster than is safe or driving recklessly just to get out of their way.



Like people who put the Christian Ichthus on the back of their car and then drive VERY rudely - that's a nice witness there, folks.





Add your comments to this post or link back from your own post! I like to read what other people think...

2 comments:

  1. LOL
    I used to own a van that had those fish things on the back. I asked Royce to take them off...I was a bad witness...

    LOL!!

    Notice I didn't say I tried to change my driving habits for the great good of society...I just removed the fish so the expectations would be lower... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL
    I used to own a van that had those fish things on the back. I asked Royce to take them off...I was a bad witness...

    LOL!!

    Notice I didn't say I tried to change my driving habits for the great good of society...I just removed the fish so the expectations would be lower... LOL!

    ReplyDelete