Monday, August 28, 2006

Nosedive

We have been clicking along on our happy little bedtime routine for a few days now (hey, it's progress) until tonight. Let me back up...

Munchkin was terrific today. We came home from school and actually played out in the yard. We are "supposed" to get some rain tonight, so it kept the temperatures down. Munchkin played in her swing and generally ran around in the freshly mowed grass (finally). After a good dinner, where she was funny, cute and polite (at the same time!), K & Munchkin went back out into the yard and played in the sprinkler for a little while, while I did dishes with the backdoor and kitchen window open and Beach Boys playing (loudly) in the background. It was the nicest evening I can remember.

Then, came bedtime. In the space of 4 minutes, my darling little Munchkin turned into a screaming banshee. She has started doing this really funny thing, though, where she will scream, "I WANT MY MOMMY!" *laugh* I try and remind her that I'm usually standing in front of her. Her histrionics are just so funny - it's too hard not to laugh. At the same time, I always try to apologize for passing down that Drama Queen trait. I can't even pretend to claim that didn't come from me. (you're off the hook on this one, Dad)

So, an hour and fifteen minutes (and three trips to the potty) later, she's finally passed out. Mommy feels like she's been through D-Day and, I think, I won. I'm going to make my bed with my just washed sheets and go to sleep.

zzzzzzzzz....

4 comments:

  1. ROFLOL!!!!

    FNG! Where do you find the images for your blog! They are ALWAYS SO FITTING! I was LOL @ the "screaming banshee" and LOL @ Munchkin's "I want my mommy!" tantrum!

    I'm sorry...I know...it's stressful...but that is just HILARIOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFLOL!!!!

    FNG! Where do you find the images for your blog! They are ALWAYS SO FITTING! I was LOL @ the "screaming banshee" and LOL @ Munchkin's "I want my mommy!" tantrum!

    I'm sorry...I know...it's stressful...but that is just HILARIOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But it really WAS funny. I laughed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. But it really WAS funny. I laughed. :)

    ReplyDelete