Monday, July 5, 2010

why yes, I'd love to use your time machine

Ok, I've decided I'm just stuck in the 32-week spinzone.  Time is slowing down to a non-crawl.  I know time is moving forward because we keep running out of toilet paper.  But golly, gee, willakers - is this pregnancy EVER going to be over?!  I could bore you with the endless whine that is late 3rd trimester stuff but I'll spare you.  See how understanding I can be?

please hold for a coffee break

[insert musak here]

now we return you to this regularly scheduled blog...

Ok, that was silly. 

So, World Cup is almost over. 

Yeah, I want to talk about pregnancy too.  The greatest thing about the Stowaway getting as big as she is, is that I can feel her moving all the time and it makes me smile (most of the time).  She had hiccups day before yesterday and that's the first time I've felt them.  She's such a pistol!  She moves and rolls and kicks and the instant I invite Dad or Nana or somebody else to reach out and feel, she stops.  Stinker. 

So, I'm watching HLN this morning and they are showing this wife-carrying contest in Finland or somewhere that has silly games like this that make it to international news.  It made me stop and ask myself what, exactly, determines whether something is "newsworthy."  I had that show on, in the background, the last 45 minutes and there was not a single mention of Iraq or Afghanistan.  I heard about a 100-mile car chase in California, tar balls in Galveston from the BP spill, wife-carrying games in Finland, LeBron James *yawn*, and on and on and on...  The only thing I could see that might remotely resemble news would be the continued MESS in the Gulf because of BP's reckless disregard for ANYTHING. 

If France bans the Islamic veils, they just might surpass us as the most hated non-Muslim country.  Ah, the world in which we live... *sigh*

90-degree heat in the Northeast?  So what? 

Ok, I'm quitting.  I promise this will be the last time I blog while watching the drivel masquerading as "news."

Have a great day, folks.

2 comments:

  1. Is it bad that upon reading this I immediately thought of my iMac's back-up drive. It's called a time capsule and the software that drives it is called Time Machine.

    Yes, I know i'm a sad "little" man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harold, No, you are a brilliant maclover. Those are the things I thought of, too. The world is still a safe happy place for us Mac-ers because we are out and proud!!

    ReplyDelete