Thursday, July 1, 2010

clock watching

I start my new schedule at work today: 10am-3pm.  It's a little odd, considering I've never worked half-time before.  It will take a little adjusting to until I have children at home again. 

With Munchkin in Jersey for the summer and the Stowaway still in the slow cooker, I don't really have anything to do first thing in the morning.  Now, don't get me wrong - I am NOT complaining!  Au contraire, I think it will be really nice to have a few extra hours to get around and straighten things up and work on the endless packing project before we move.  And then, to have the afternoons to spend with Coach, who is enjoying his summer by recording every scrap of futbol he can find on television.

I made my official Moving To Do list this week and I'm going to tape it to the front door so everytime we go past it, we'll see what's left to be done.  It will keep me on track and give Coach some things to do during his day when I'm at work.  *wink*

I feel rather helpless knowing I'm so pregnant and can't really pick up heavy stuff, or do a lot of, well, ANYTHING.  The logistics of doing a lot of bending are just absurd at this point.  It's not that I can't see my shoes, I just can't reach them.  Not without huffing and puffing and feeling like, surely, I'm folding the Stowaway in half which, I'm sure, she doesn't appreciate one iota.

I'm FINISHED with all my scrapbooking endeavors for a while - our engagement, bridal and wedding albums should be delivered today and I ordered the Disney album last night so it should be here late next week.  I am so excited to see the albums!  I am really enjoying learning about digital scrapbooking and plan to do a lot more of it. 

Now that we have a good family camera again, I can get picaboo and smilebox transferred over to the house computer.  My next project is to do another album for Munchkin and then, in September, I'll do our family pictures Andrea Crosswhite will come down and take.  She's our "family photographer."  She took Coach and my engagement, bridal and wedding pictures so we thought she'd be perfect to take pictures of our family - from now on. 

Well, my friends, I'm going to enjoy the last 30 minutes of morning before I need to start getting ready for work by making a cup of coffee and taking all the artwork off the walls.  You know, that's my least favorite part of moving.  Bare walls are lonely walls to me.  That, and packing away my books.  Not being able to see all the wonderful spines and be reminded of the stories whenever I pass by is a little sad.  *laugh*  I'm a dork.  Yes, I know. 

Have a happy day!

ps. if you've joined us from fb, please leave me a reply and say, "howdy!"

2 comments:

  1. OK so what scrapbooking stuff did you end up going with? Please tell me what you think of the final projects. I am about to make one from Easter to send to my sister, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. picaboo, smilebox and shutterfly. How's that for simple? LOL

    It just depends on what i'm doing. For our engagement, bridal and wedding albums, I used straight picaboo. the layouts are very clean and the end result is gorgeous. I could probably use shutterfly directly for that one too - I haven't comparerd prices yet. I will use this format for things like family portraits and fancy stuff.... :)

    Smilebox/Shutterfly go hand in hand. Smilebox is the program I use to do the layouts before I put them into the album. I will use this format exclusively for scrapbook-ey type stuff (Munchkin's grade albums, family vacations, holidays, the Stowaway, etc.)

    ReplyDelete