Friday, July 16, 2010

up and at 'em

Awake early this morning - actually slept all through the night!  (I sound like a baby)  I haven't done that in I don't know HOW long!  Hopped up and made the bed, folded a load of laundry, started another load, put away clean dishes (thank you, Coach!) and sorted through some clothes of Munchkin's that she's outgrown. 

So thankful for a good night's sleep.  It's amazing how different the morning looks when approached after a solid 7 hours of sleep! 

Really motivated to get a lot of packing done this weekend.  We have several areas almost finished. 

  • The kitchen is just lacking the pantry, every day dishes and pots and pans to be finished.

  • Munchkin's room is almost finished but for one small box of toys, her clothes (still need to finish sorting) and some misc. books and things

  • Our room is just lacking the rest of the closet (that's going to be a big task), our photo albums and my antique books


Areas that haven't been touched yet:

  • China Cabinet

  • Bird Cabinet

  • Bathrooms

  • Misc. Decorations - throughout the house


We still have a lot to do.  The China cabinet will take several hours because there are so many pieces and they have to be individually wrapped and I need to get more paper.  I've thought about going through that stuff and getting rid of what I won't actually use but most of the knick-nacks were my grandparents and I don't think I should give them away.  *sigh*  It's hard to know what to do there. 

Munchkin will be home in 17 days!  I am SO happy and I can't wait to have her home again.  I know she's had a good time and this is an important part of her summer but it is SO great when she comes home. 

I think, instead of trying to buy a bed right away for her, we'll use the bed she has without the long legs (she'll go from a very tall bed to a very short bed) and do something fun with fabric to make a little canopy/tent with her lights - it'll be her very own little space. 

We have a list running of things we need/want for the new house.  The chairs we bought last year at IKEA haven't fared well and several of them need to be repaired and we've put new ones on our list of things to buy (eventually). 

The Stowaway is pretty much set - we have her crib, bedding and stroller and we're going to re-use Munchkin's changing table/dresser.  I will probably use bins in the closet for clothes and keep as much stuff hung up as possible.  That seems to be easier for Munchkin to manage, rather than stuffing folding clothes into her drawers.  *grin*

I've gone through all Munchkin's toys and gotten rid/donated LOTS of stuff.  It will be so much easier for her to manage.  She still has barbies; just not 50 of them and all the little pieces that go with them.  She still has baby doll stuff; it's just organized.  She has all her teacher stuff; it's just been organized.  I think she will be very happy with what we've done.

The best (and only really good) part about moving is the ability to really cull your stuff of clutter, things that don't fit, books we won't read again and stuff we just don't want/can't use.  I'm even doing it in the kitchen.  I have some great metal mixing bowls but I never use them because they are too big for the dishwasher and they don't fit in any of the cabinets.  I don't think I've used them since we moved into this apartment.  So they are going.  I would love to get rid of my square dishes (very asian) but Coach likes the deep cereal bowls.  *laugh*  I'm going to thin out my coffee cup collection - do I really need 30 miscellaneous mugs?

Well, it's just about 8am and I am going to get my bowl of cereal then go ahead and go in to the office.  Have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment