Monday, July 12, 2010

just checking!

Braxton-Hicks aren't new in this pregnancy (33 weeks) but Sunday they took a definitely more enthusiastic tone and threw in a little pelvic pressure and the ability to take my breath away. 

When they continued yesterday morning, I decided it couldn't hurt to call and talk to the OB nurse.  Of course, she recommended I come in and get checked.  Two hours and half a roll of paper later, nothing is happening and they are, after all, just B-H. 

Surely as I sit here, though, had I NOT gone in, it would be true labor and then we'd have a real crisis. 

I know it's better safe than sorry and I'm glad nothing is happening (I'm ready to meet this little critter but not this week) but sheesh, it's like taking your car in when it's making a horrible noise but dang it if it will make that noise when you get it to the mechanic... 

On the up-side, we did get to hear our little soccer star's beautiful heartbeat and, when they hooked her up to the fetal monitor, we were treated to the sounds of her rambunctious movement - something to go with the alien-esque contortions of my stomach! 

--------

On another note, the house is set to be ready a little earlier than we'd originally thought so we are going to start moving in NEXT week!  I'm SO excited!  I'm so ready to get things settled and set up for the Stowaway and I really wanted to have Munchkin's stuff all set up for her too when she comes home.  I wasn't really happy about things still being in semi-transition when Munchkin comes home but didn't think we really had a lot of options because of the timing of the new house.  PIctures to come - as soon as we can get inside the house to take pictures, I'll post them!

--------

One more thing - I still can't post many details but suffice it to say something for which we've been praying seems to be on the verge of happening.  My brother and I have been so concerned about Mom's health this last year (couple of years actually) and even her doctor has warned her about the amount of stress she lives with.  It seems like there may be another option for her that will still allow her to use her gift (teaching children about life through theatre) and not be subjected to the same set of circumstances that has put her in the hospital two years in a row.  But enough on that now. 

Since I came home early yesterday to rest after the excitement of the morning (well, not exciting per se, more like the "omgosh, could I be in labor NOW?!?!" reaction and subsequent exhaustion), I'm going in early today.  Later, gators! *grin*

1 comment:

  1. WOW What a great post to read! So many happy things. I'm excited to hear about whatever God is doing in your Mom's life. She's a blessed lady, that's for sure, and whatever works out will be a blessing indeed!

    I cannot WAIT to meet baby Emory. I already have her present picked out and can't wait to bring it to her ... but NO going into labor for the next 10 days, I'm booked. :)

    ReplyDelete