Wednesday, July 21, 2010

delays

After all these months of waiting, we are on the brink of three very cool things:

  1. Munchkin will be home in 11 days (yes, I'm counting)

  2. the new place is ready to move into

  3. the Stowaway makes her grand entrance


I have a theory about all this waiting.  I know I've posted before that patience is not one of the virtues God gave me.  Well, I think He intends to prove otherwise and, by stacking three things about which I am overly excited all together, He gives me an opportunity to experience and practice patience (whether I really want to or not). 

God is so good about giving us what we need and He knows that patience is one of those things that all mothers need.  It is, after all, one of the fruit of the Spirit.  Colossians 1:10-12 says,  

And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light.


So, instead of thrashing around because I wanted to pick up the keys yesterday and start moving things in today, I will thank God for an extra day to pack and grow new ideas about how I want the new house to look.  I will be thankful that the builder is being thorough and making sure all the inspections are finished and everything is ready for us to move in.  I will remain flexible if the timeline is pushed again. 

Instead of watching the clock for August 1, I will enjoy seeing the pictures of Munchkin and let the anticipation grow.  Her dad and soon-to-be-stepmom have been so sweet to send LOTS of pictures this summer - I am eager to hear all the stories that go with the pictures!

Instead of whining because I am tired of my belly feeling so stretched, my back hurting from the pain of carrying this all out in front little girl, the heartburn and braxton hicks and all the other discomforts that come at the end, I will marvel at this amazing work God has created inside me.  I will think of all the footie kisses I will very soon be giving her, I will imagine counting the red (hopefully) fuzz on her head.  I will continue to anticipate those first smiles, cries, yawns and all the other amazing little things that come with a brand new baby.

Instead of being impatient and grouchy, I have an opportunity to be thankful and amazed at all these blessings God has promised - very soon! 

Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.  1 Chronicles 16:34

No comments:

Post a Comment