Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day

As I sit here, listening to Munchkin whine from the bathroom that she "doesn't want to go potty," for what has to be the 806th time in a ROW, I wonder who invented Mother's Day and why. ::giggle:: I don't feel like being celebrated right now.

If you told me four years ago that I would become more comfortable talking about bodily functions than I am talking about chic flicks; I would never have believed you. In fact, I had some pretty stupid ideas on what being a mother is really about. Boy was I delusional.

I know I'm a terrible mother. I should be treasuring every moment of this stage, knowing that she will never be this young again and that her precociousness is precious in the eyes of God and I should see it the same way. All I can see, though, is this willful child who seemingly lives to test every boundary I set. It is like living with one of the raptors in Jurassic Park - only Munchkin isn't going to eat me if I let my guard down.

::sigh:: Five more days until The Big Trip. Munchkin is excited, her dad is really excited and I'm just feeling nervous. For the moment, I'm not really thinking about the two months she'll be away. I'm more nervous about flying alone with a very energetic three and a half-year old. I've never flown by myself except short hops for work. But our flight leaves so early on Friday morning. It's so much to remember and keep track of. The flights, the parking, the luggage and, oh let's not forget the wiggly little girl.

I won't sleep a wink Thursday night. I imagine this will be a angst-filled week as I'm rhuminating about the trip, but I trust you'll bear with me. ::watery smile::

Speaking of watery, we got more rain today! Yeah! We need the rain. My grandfather would always say we needed, "about two more inches." If he was Noah himself and it had rained 40 days and 40 nights - I promise you my grandfather would say, "about two more inches."

I'm into book seven of the Left Behind Series - The Assassins. I finished Nicholae, Soul Harvest, and Apollyon just yesterday. Wow.

::yawn:: Well, Munchkin is in bed. For the moment, at least. I think I'm going to turn in way early tonight too. 'night, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment