Monday, May 22, 2006

Another Day

You know, when I started this blog, I called it "Another Day." Tonight, as I tore into my new Natalie Grant cd, I noticed that one of the songs bears the same title. So, I flip to it. The words of the song express so perfectly the aims of this blog that I thought I would quote the lyrics here.

Been driving through the night
I pull up and see the lights
This is the place that I call home
I watch you as you sleep
Think of all you mean to me
Touch your face Kiss you softly
Before I go to sleep I pray under the stars
Search my soul and check my heart
and thank God for
Another day

Another chance to love the ones I love
To find my way
To laugh, to dance
Watch the sun come up
Another day I get to live
As if
Every breath could be the last I take
I get another day

I've got a hand that I can hold
Someone who knows my soul
A safe place to lay my head at night
So why do I forget
How much I've been blessed in life
Forget what means the most to me
As I'm waking up again I feel my beating heart
So grateful that I've come this far
and thank God for
Another day
Another chance to love the ones I love
To find my way
To laugh, to dance
Watch the sun come up
Another day I get to live
As if
Every breath could be the last I take
I get another day


To make somebody smile
Go the extra mile
Take a wrong and make it right
And try to touch somebody's life
I get another day

I wish I could post a clip but I can't find one and I wouldn't know how to put it on here if I could. Click here to go to the cdnow.com website and listen to their clip from the "Awaken" cd. It is GOOD. The other songs on it are no less powerful. Take a listen to "The Real Me" - oh my that one drilled right into the center of me. Golly how often do I look in the mirror and think, "if they had any idea how fragile I really feel...."

Could I have become so accomplished at hiding my frailty that I don't even acknowledge it anymore? Hmmm... I am going to have to think on this one for a while.

That is what I love about songs like that - they pierce into the meat and get to the good stuff. No fluff here, buddy. That's a promise. And, as if the great lyrics and music weren't enough incentive to get excited about this album; I got it on SALE at Lifeway! WHOO HOO!!

::giggle::

Today has been a good day.

I worked almost a 12 hour day and it was great - I got almost my entire newsletter created today. It usually takes me three days to get it ready to go to the printer. I figure if I plan on doing this a few more times this week I should be all caught up on my projects. NIFTY!

Well, kids. I'm sleepy. Night, friends. God bless you.

::humming...What will people think When they hear that I'm a Jesus freak What will people do when they find that it's true ...::

No comments:

Post a Comment