Sunday, May 28, 2006

Auditions

I'd forgotten how fun the audition process is. Oh sure, nobody really loves to audition for shows; at least nobody I've ever met. But, the process itself; meeting new people, learning new dance steps, scene reads and, yes, even the singing is FUN!

Now that you officially think I've lost my marbles, let me tell you what I've been up to tonight. I don't think I've mentioned that I've been going back and forth for the past several months over whether I should audition for the big summer musical at the Civic Theatre. It's a big time commitment but I am looking for something to do while Munchkin is on her Big Trip. I have been out of the production process for so long that am just itching to do a show. I miss performing.

So, after months of being wishy-washy; I took the jump and auditioned tonight. I think that the audition went really well. Oh, I wouldn't be so presumptive as to make an assertion about my standing in the running for the female lead, Anna, but I think I can say that it went well without deluding myself if the truth was otherwise. Oh, did I mention? The musical is The King and I.

Fortunately for all involved, my prima donna days are long past me. If I am not cast as Anna, I can still be in the show and have just as much fun. I am really just looking for something fun to do this summer that gets me back on stage.

Speaking of doing fun things; I talked to Munchkin today and she sounded like the was having a good day. I know she and The Girlfriend ( True to the rest of my blog, I won't disclose her name but I think it a little premature to call her Stepmom-to-be) ::giggle:: (sorry ex, if you are reading this I hope that didn't give you a small aneurysm.)... Ok, anyway. Sorry about the aside. So, yesterday Munchkin and The Girlfriend went to pick strawberries. Here is a picture of Munchkin in action. The Girlfriend told me today that Munchkin didn't want to stop picking strawberries; even after they had something like five pounds of berries! ::grin:: My girl - the overachiever...


Well, tomorrow night is the second night of the open call for adult roles and Tuesday night is for the kids. Wednesday night is for call-backs, if necessary, and the first read-through is Thursday. So, as soon as I hear something, I'll post it here. Keep your fingers crossed!

2 comments:

  1. ROFLOL @ your "stepmom-to-be" joke!

    She's so cute - thanks for posting the photo! Sounds like she's having fun!

    Do let us know if you get to be onstage! Maybe I'll have to make a trip to the Civic Theatre to see you in action! Been a long time sine I've heard you sing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFLOL @ your "stepmom-to-be" joke!

    She's so cute - thanks for posting the photo! Sounds like she's having fun!

    Do let us know if you get to be onstage! Maybe I'll have to make a trip to the Civic Theatre to see you in action! Been a long time sine I've heard you sing!!

    ReplyDelete