Sunday, May 7, 2006

Left Behind

I've just finished reading the first book in the Left Behind series. WOW. I am nearly speechless and I try and fathom that which I have just read.

To try and imagine what the rapture will be like from the standpoint of those who are not taken up to Heaven is a terrifying prospect. The book fills you with dread and despair. Thank God that there is hope in the story as many of the main characters come to Christ and are saved. I know this is a work of fiction but I believe that the Rapture will be a real event and that I, along with many others, will be among those taken up.

But as I read tonight, I could not escape thoughts of those that I know and care about who might be left behind. The urge to call them, even at 11:30 at night, was almost overwhelming. To ask them, "if the call came RIGHT NOW - are you ready to go?" Instead, I prayed that God would use me to be a voice in HIS time and according to HIS good purposes.

Whew. Ok, I'm going to bed. What an amazing weekend. Church was awesome this morning. The pastor preached on prayer. I just love my church. Then, this afternoon Munchkin, K and I went out to our department directors' house and swam in VERY cold water; in their pool. Munchkin LOVED it - she was completely conked out by 7:45. ::grin:: Water is good for the brain.

Good night, friends.

3 comments:

  1. do you really care?May 16, 2006 at 5:20 AM

    You will enjoy the rest of the books in the "left Behind" series. I could not put them down. Read all of them in about 2 months! God Bless you and Munchkin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you really care?May 16, 2006 at 5:21 AM

    You will love the whole "Left Behind" series, I could not put them down. God Bless you and Munchkin

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you really care?May 16, 2006 at 9:16 AM

    You will enjoy the rest of the books in the "left Behind" series. I could not put them down. Read all of them in about 2 months! God Bless you and Munchkin!

    ReplyDelete