Thursday, November 16, 2006

You know you're sick when...

1. almost 31 years old, the first thing you think to do is call your mother and cry into the phone.
2. even with a massive hero complex, you plan on missing at least two days of work.
3. you pass on mom's humpty dumptys.
4. you don't check your email or blogs ALL DAY.
5. you actually break down and go to the doctor.

I have strepp throat. That's why I've had this dry, scratchy cough, sore throat, chills and fever for the last week. great.

Yesterday was the worst day. I felt like I'd been hit by a train. It hurt to move, blink or breathe. Taking one look at me, K said, "you are NOT going to work." (as if that was possible) I called my mother and, when she saw me she said, "you are going to the doctor." Well, you know what I told her? "yes ma'am."

The upside was that I finally met my new doctor. *whistle* Boy, he's a looker. (not that I was really looking because I felt like run over maltomeal and probably looked the part, too) Mother was certain to mention, "he's not wearing a ring." *grin* What is this with everybody "mentioning" single men to me? What about J you say? Well, you know the phrase, out of sight.... They never see him so they never think of him. We're going to have to do something about that soon, I think. But, when I'm feeling puny and needy is NOT the time to think about it.

Today I feel better. Still weak and achy, but nowhere near as bad as yesterday. I'm glad I don't have to try and work feeling like this, even though I have an entire newsletter to do.

Ok, I've been sitting upright for 10 minutes and I'm worn out. Going back to the couch.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you are feeling better! I call my mom too anytime I'm not feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling better! I call my mom too anytime I'm not feeling well!

    ReplyDelete