Saturday, May 5, 2007

Today's the Day!


After months of planning, K's wedding is today! Last night's rehearsal was funny - the wedding coordinator was a little militaristic, but we stayed on schedule and got everybody in place so good for her.


EG had to stand in for one of the groomsmen who wasn't at the rehearsal (shame on him) and I can't tell you the feeling that tripped through me as I walked down that aisle and looked him in the eyes.


I love the direction we are headed and, while I feel an almost giddy sense of excitement, I feel amazingly calm about the entire affair. I am content to wait on God's direction and His perfect timing. THIS - from a woman who wholeheartedly confesses to be one of the most impatient people ALIVE. Amazing! Miraculous!


But, back to K's big day. The candles are out, the flowers are being delivered, the dresses are waiting.


So, my dearest friend, this day is for you. You and Z. I am so excited for you. I am praying for you and Z today - the most exciting day of your lives so far. God bless you. May your marriage be a testimony to God's grace. Stand together as couple saints - seek holiness, rather than happiness, through your marriage and you'll never regret it. I love you, little sister.

1 comment:

  1. oooh weddings! planning them is a hobby of mine and i can't leave wedding magazines alone!
    i love that picture!
    so how was it? where are the pictures?

    ReplyDelete