Sunday, May 20, 2007

Getting the Wheels Turning

It happens even to the best readers from time to time… you close the cover on the book you’re reading and discover, to your horror, that there’s nothing else to read. Either there’s nothing in the house, or nothing you’re in the mood for. Just, nothing that “clicks.” What do you do?? How do you get the reading wheels turning again?
From Booking Through Thursday - this week

When I am out of books *gasp* I usually reach for one of my "stock reads." You know the ones I'm talking about - the ones you read at least twice a year, books that never get old. They usually get the wheels turning again. Or, if that fails, I'll go to the library and just pick out a few random books, solely based on what the cover art looks like or if the title is catchy.

I know that's a horrible system but sometimes I've discovered the most intriguing tales that way. Take for example, how I discovered Judith Merkle Riley. One of these random library searches and I discovered In Search of the Green Lion. Turns out, she's a WONDERFUL writer with a fun style. Do I care if her books are particularly historically accurate? Not a whit. I like her b/c she's fun.

Anyhoo, I love to read and, thankfully, don't generally have a problem finding something to read.

Speaking of, I'm off to dig through the bookshelf and see what I come up with.

'night, friends!

1 comment:

  1. oh how i hate when that happens, and it happens way too often... douglas adams, terry pratchett, anne rice and steven king are some of my "stock reads".
    what did you get then?

    ReplyDelete