Thursday, May 31, 2007

It's Time!!

Tomorrow's the day! I cleaned the last few things out of my office today, turned in my keys and said goodbye. It was a little sad but I know this is a great move and I am really excited.

I went and peeked in my new office - it's big and has TWO windows!! *grin* I'm going to load all of my boxes back into my car so I can get my office all set up tomorrow. Reminds me that I have to wear pants. I'll save my red suit for another day - even though I just love that suit. Really makes me feel like I'm putting my best foot forward. Not to mention the fact that the gauntlet has already been thrown down as they've committed to "converting" me into a Wildcat. Never. *giggle*

I told them about the picture of Munchkin in her Tiger t-shirt and they all gasped and said, "you can't bring that HERE!" ROFL

The CFO tried to gig me by telling me my office was going to be the "second door on the left." ONe of the girls in the office leaned over and said, "That's the BATHROOM." I said, "ok, two can play at that..." I think I'll make up a men's restroom sign and put it on his door.

This is going to be fun. All of the girls in the office seem really nice.

Anyway, back to my office. My desk is in the corner with the door to my left but not behind me. That's good - I'm pretty easy to sneak up on and then I just FREAK out. Wouldn't do to scream. *grin* On the opposite wall is a long row of cabinets (similar to my old office but without the top cabinets) and a long counter. That will be nice for spreading out projects but if I know me I'll keep it clear because clutter makes me nervous at work. Home is another story but we won't go there.

So, I'm off to bed so I can get up fresh-faced.

I'll be sure and update tomorrow after my first day. ta ta!!

2 comments:

  1. oh wow, that office sounds spectacular! and it sounds like you're going to be working with a really nice bunch of people too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, that office sounds spectacular! and it sounds like you're going to be working with a really nice bunch of people too!

    ReplyDelete