Wednesday, May 9, 2007

A New Adventure

I know I've been hinting around at something "big" in the works for at least a month now but could not say more because of the nature of the deal. It's all out in the open, though, so I can announce it on here.

On June 1, I will start a new job. I have accepted a position as the PR Director (or Public Information Officer) of Temple Independent School District. It is an amazing opportunity and I'm thrilled at the offer.

I have visited with the new Superintendent and I am excited about his vision for the District and am tickled simply pink about the possibilities.


Instead of wearing six hats with six hundred tasks each, it will be nice to wear one hat with all of the associated tasks. Oh, don't get me wrong, I won't be putting my feet up any time soon. I'm going to buy a new pair of running shoes because I predict being just crazy busy. What I AM so stoked about is knowing that I won't have to shift gears mid-stream to put on one of my numerous other (and vastly different) hats.


I have loved being at the Center and have no intention of not being around. After all, I'm still on the planning committee for two other organizations who have their annual fundraiser at the Center, I've committed to helping with Hands On China this fall and, maybe most of all - I helped pick the new season so you KNOW I want to go to the shows!

So, posting may be a little scattered during the transition, but I'll get on as much as I can. Hang on, y'all - Crazyville just got a little crazier!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Girl!! WOW!! You are moving up in ranks there in the Temple-Belton Socialite Status. hee hee.... You totally dissed on BHS though by going to work for THS. Shame on you!! I thought you were a tried and true BIG REDDER! I'm shocked!

    Just kidding! What a cool opportunity! Can't wait to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Girl!! WOW!! You are moving up in ranks there in the Temple-Belton Socialite Status. hee hee.... You totally dissed on BHS though by going to work for THS. Shame on you!! I thought you were a tried and true BIG REDDER! I'm shocked!

    Just kidding! What a cool opportunity! Can't wait to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. huge conratulations! what fun to have a welcome challenge!

    ReplyDelete