Saturday, October 7, 2006

Saturday Morning Cartoons















You know, a friend of mine and I were talking the other day about how we remember the ritual that was Saturday morning during our childhood. Get up far earlier than we should, wake up parents to help with breakfast (at least until we were old enough to make it ourselves) and then jockey for the best cartoon watching position. There we would remain until at least 11am, when the home improvement shows or the college football pre-game shows would start.

I went through Google this morning, looking for some of those old cartoons and I have had more fun remembering! Can you remember?
Munchkin turned four in September and I still haven't seen evidence of this - until this morning.
Munchkin has discovered Fraggle Rock. Now, to say to you that the idea was ALL hers would be untrue - fridaynightmommy might have something to do with the purchase of the ENTIRE four-disk collection of the Second season of Fraggle Rock. SWEET! (I really like the Doozers the best.)

This morning, Munchkin woke up at 7:15, proclaimed that she'd not had an accident, went into the kitchen and waitin to wait for me to drag myself out of bed to fix her oatmeal (Nana put butter in it and now it's ALL she wants to eat!) and postitioned herself in the rocker and declared she was "all ready for Fraggle ROck."

*laugh*

The torch has been passed.
Here is a little meme for Saturday morning:

1. Did you have a Saturday Morning ritual?
(see above)

2. What cartoons did you like to watch?
Well, my little brother and I were of like minds and pretty much shared television time. I liked what he liked (or found something else to do) and he liked what I liked (or found something else to do). Saying that, Bubba's cartoons were He-Man, Thundercats, Transformers, GI Joe and Superfriends. Mine were Jem, Smurfs, Snorks, The Jetsons, Looney Toons, She-Ra, Captain Caveman and Richie Rich.

3. Have you, now that you are an adult, ever searched for DVD versions of your favorite cartoons?
Oh yeah. See comments about Fraggle Rock. *grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment