Saturday, October 28, 2006

clean sheets

I'm waiting on the dryer to finish so I can put my fresh, clean and oh-so-soft clean sheets back on my bed and go to sleep.

Worked the show tonight at work. It was fun. The crowd wasn't as big as I'd hoped, but I think we probably will come out alright because some of the seats we sold were to season ticket holders that didn't come.

Well, they missed a really fun show. Munchkin really enjoyed it and my mother went on and on afterward. The crowd that was there seemed to really have fun and I got a BIG kick out of seeing all the families - which was my primary marketing goal. Score one for target marketing! *grin*

We stopped at Starbucks on the way home - something we don't do very often anymore.

Church tomorrow, of course. I'm looking forward to seeing my sunday schoolers - they are so cute. They've really grown on me. At first, it wasn't really what I thought I was looking for - I wanted to teach an older class that could really interact with me but I was assigned to a class of not even 2-year olds. A couple of them are starting to develop more language, but it's still early. Only one of the little girls is anywhere near as talkative as Munchkin. Considering she's the only small child I've ever really been around, I had no idea she was as verbally advanced - even though people have been telling me that since she was six months old - when she started talking.

Anyway, the kiddos are growing on me. I look forward to pulling out their little smiles from their shy little faces and hearing them figure out the bible songs that we are teaching. A couple of them are beginning to learn the words and mouth along. We are planting seeds, that's all.

Well, I can hear Munchkin fussing in there about something. Even with a long nap this afternoon, I kept her out too late tonight and now she's having trouble settling down. I like taking her to things and she loves going but I feel like a total reprobate of a mother keeping a four year old out until 9:30. *sigh* I shouldn't be so hard on myself - I know I'm still learning too.

night, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment