Saturday, April 1, 2006

And Today is the First

Today is the first day that it really hit me that Munchkin is about to be gone for two months. I am shopping for plane tickets online this afternoon and it hit me - oh my goodness! Since the moment of her conception, she has not been away from me more than a week and now I have two months to rattle around in the house by myself. No bedtime stories, no dinnertime praying, no singing in the car...

She spent five days with her dad a few weeks ago and that was about three days too long. UGH.

But, I believe that God is sovereign and that Jeremiah 29:11 holds every bit as true for Munchkin as it does for me. Therefore, He is watching over her and will be right there with her, even though I can't be. She's going to have a great time - it will be just like going to Disneyworld.

So, instead of dwelling on how lonely my little house will be without her racket, I am going to make a list of all of the things that I intend to do with this summer... (yes, I know this is silly)

1. Audition for the community theatre's summer musical
2. Go to Dallas and see Les Miserables
3. Use the weekends to visit different churches and get ideas about singles ministry to bring back to FBC.
4. Take a clay class
5. Take a yoga class
6. Be the maid of honor in my dear friend's wedding
7. Keep the house CLEAN for longer than six minutes
8. Cut my laundry in half
9. Re-read the Old Testament (that was on my list anyway)

Ok, that's all I can think of for the moment. I wish her dad would call so we can get this flight thing settled; I'm tired of thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment