Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Mommy Time

Last night, Munchkin and I had a full evening of Mommy time. It was great. I forget how often it is that we have friends and family over or we are out and how nice it is to just stay home and play.

We made tacos and I let HER make her own. What a treat! She did great and, even though it made a huge mess on the table, she had a ball and so did I. She mimicked me when she said, outloud, "first the meat, then the lettuce (she calls it salad), then the cheese then the ranch. Yes, we put ranch dressing on our tacos. It is really tasty - you should try it.

After we cleaned up dinner, we put on a movie and watched it for a little while. After that, it was time for bed. We didn't clean her room (even though it needed it) and I waited to do laundry until after she'd gone to bed. And I am SO glad. That extra few hours of undivided attention was great.

In the middle of the night, she crawled up into bed with me. She must have heard the thunder from the storm and decided that she needed to be close to me. Normally, I would get up and take her back to her bed, but it seemed better to let her stay. So, there she was this morning.

Ah... Have I mentioned that I just adore her? ::grin::

No comments:

Post a Comment