Saturday, September 10, 2005

Now THAT Was a Good Party



Today I hosted 14 of my closest friends and family at my house to help celebrate my daughter and little brother's birthdays. I have planned and planned this and it came off without a hitch today.

Well, we did make one minor plan change but it actually turned out better than I thought, so I'm glad I did it. I was originally going to make a pavilion in the yard but had to move plans under the carport because at 3:30 today, it started POURING down rain.

It looked so good. I hung strands of Christmas lights through the rafters and tied long strips of fabric to the beams to give a softer, more welcoming look. Everybody really liked it and it really turned out to be a very colorful and creative idea.

Now, I'd already put most stuff up and started taking things down by the time I took this picture, but it at least gives you an idea of what I did. When I get the other pictures off of the other camera, I'll post them here.

It was a VERY fun day. Had another person tell me I should be an event planner. I do love a good party and get a very big kick out of planning and pulling them off. Gives me something to think about. *scratches head* Well, it's midnight and it's been a very long day. Night, kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment