Tuesday, September 6, 2005

Not Today

Ok, so last night I was suffering from a very real case of the mommy moodies. Today was a great day. I woke up before she did, got out the griddle and then went in to wake her up (which I never get to do because she gets up so dang early most mornings). She was so sweet when she opened her eyes and I was right there. She smiled that little smile up at me and I said "Happy Birthday, honey." Know what she said next?? "Can I have Birthday cake?" *giggle*

So we had mickey mouse pancakes and I let her blow out a candle that I'd stuck in the middle of the first pancake. She loved it.

I dropped off cupcakes at her school (I didn't stay just in case a "moment" came back around) and went birthday shopping. Childrens books are RIDICULOUSLY expensive. I hate shopping alone; have I ever mentioned that?? Well, that's another conversation.

She had a great day. The pants I got her for her birthday party are too big and I'll have to go back and exchange them. UGH. (see my comment above about shopping alone)

The Care Bear movie was on tonight and you'd have thought I planned it that way. I turned it on and she looked at me like I was Santa Claus.

As I was turning out the light tonight I asked her if she had a good birthday. She said, "oh yes. Thank you. I love you, mommy. Night night." How great is that??

No comments:

Post a Comment