Sunday, August 29, 2010

stroller, diapers and wet wipes - oh my!

The Stowaway has officially graduated to "Princess Crybaby."  She's here!!!  She made her arrival Thursday, August 26 at 2:14pm.  She weighed 8lbs, 1 oz and was 19 inches long.  She has red hair and blue eyes.  She is a doll baby; much like her older sister. 

The first night home was excruciating.  The second night was MUCH better and we've had a great day today. 

Adjusting to all the visitors, animlas and "normal" life may prove to be a challenge but we're up for it.  I'm going to take some pictures of her tomorrow for the baby book. 

I know this is a short update but I wanted to get something posted.  More to follow in the days ahead as we get in a sort of routine. 

I know this time with her is only temporary and, while I will not dwell on it, I can already tell you it's going to be a very hard time five and a half weeks from now when I have to go back to the world of adults and other peoples children. 

I will be thankful for this time and will treasure it as a gift.  I will resolve to enjoy the time with adults and look forward to time with MY children every afternoon.  This will be my resolution.

For now, though, I'm looking forward to getting to know this little girl who has been my constant companion these past months.  She is already a delight.  I didn't think it possible that God would give me another child to adore like I adore Munchkin but He did.  I am so blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, Princess Crybaby can talk/cry/yell to Superkid Gus Man. His fussing 24-7 days are thankfully over now (at 6 months), but he has lots of tricks he'd like to share :)

    Don't forget to sleeeeeep when you can!
    Glad you're home and well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] stroller, diapers and wet wipes – oh my! August 2010 1 comment [...]

    ReplyDelete