Sunday, August 8, 2010

emotionally drained

The excitement of the past weeks has caught up with me, I guess.  Getting everything ready for the move, moving, setting up the new house, having Munchkin home and waiting for the Stowaway has proved to be more emotionally exhausting than I'd anticipated.  As my mother says, "even good stress is still stress."

I had a horrible dream last night.  I dreamed the Stowaway was stillborn.  We'd come all this way only to end up with a terrible tragedy.  I know it's exhaustion.  She's moving.  The movements are smaller but that could be because we are getting close and they always settle down right before delivery.  But, last night and early this morning, my brain came up with a horrifying alternative; something is very wrong and that's why I still haven't gone past this early labor business.  And now, she's in trouble. 

If I still haven't gone into labor tomorrow, I'm going by the doc's office, just to hear her heartbeat and reassure myself that she's ok in there. 

I hate this.  I hate feeling so exposed and vulnerable. 

I just want it to be over and her to be here - safe. 

Stowaway, you don't have to come until you are ready but please be ok.  God, you are in charge of this and I totally trust your timing.  Hold the Stowaway in your hands in these last days before her birth - then I will know she's safe. 

*sigh*

1 comment:

  1. not a good dream... hope that you are feeling better today.. i do not like those kinds of dreams...

    ReplyDelete