Friday, September 10, 2010

Stinkin' Tired

Yes, I know this is part of the deal. Bone-crunching tired is one if the many gifts that come with a new baby.


She is going four hours between feeding at night and sleeping almost three hours at a time. During the day, however, is a different story. She wants to nurse every two hours and won't sleep unless I'm holding her. That makes for days where I look at my list of chores and know they aren't going to get finished.


I know it shouldn't matter that the laundry gets washed and folded but not put away. It shouldn't matter  that the trash can is still sitting out by the curb.  The office is still full of boxes and the garage is a mess.


I guess I just have unrealistic expectations. It's only been two weeks. She is growing and happy and healthy. What more should matter?

No comments:

Post a Comment