Sunday, February 21, 2010

hoping for platinum

So, today is the first day of my annual conference.  I go to one professional development event a year.  While I'm there, I enter a few things into Star Awards.  Last year, we won a Best of Category for our new identity package and several gold and silver stars.  This year, I entered our communication audit for a Platinum Award - the highest award category.  I think we have a good chance - the audit was solidly researched, thoroughly executed and we took the results and DID something with them - lots of somethings, actually. 

I'm so excited!  I hope we win!!!  Boy wouldn't that be nice affirmation of my work.  HA.  Who says PR is the appendix of a school district?  Sorry, I'm digressing....

In addition to Star Awards, I'm looking forward to some of the sessions.  I'm not staying at the hotel this year because it's in Austin.  It seemed silly to budget that other $500 for a hotel when it's so close. 

I'm hungry.  You ever get that feeling suddenly, out of the blue?  I think I'll go scrounge up some vittles. 

Matt is sick so I'm letting him sleep in. 

This post is all over the place! 

Munchkin is at her Nana's house for the long weekend. 

ok, i'm going to eat something now.

No comments:

Post a Comment