Thursday, July 24, 2008

of all people

My brother got on to me because I haven't been eating.  If he didn't sound like a daddy, I don't know what he sounded like.  I called him last night because I never know what day it is any more.  I just know it's not Friday.  So, I called him last night on his night off, thinking I was calling while he was at work...  It was good to talk to him.  He sounds good. 

This morning, he called me and said, "I'm hungry - are you hungry - let's eat."  So, we had a snack while we talked on the phone.  He said he'd call me back if he needed to; to make sure I was eating lunch.  Silly man. 



Rehearsal is chugging along.  We open on Friday.  Invited dress is tonight.  I can't wait to get people in the audience.  We are all experiencing fatigue and several of us have injuries (not that you'll be able to pick us out during the performances).  Having people in the audience (starting tonight) will revive our energy and enthusiasm for the show. 

It has come together and we're going to pull off a great show.  I think everybody will be pleased. 

For you trivia hounds, here is a Wikipedia article on the origins of "break a leg."

1 comment:

  1. And why have you not been eating??? Don't make me call you by your full name!!!

    ReplyDelete