Sunday, July 22, 2007

To the End

After long months waiting and wondering how it would all end, I received my copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7) yesterday. I opened the package, read the acknowledgement and closed the cover again. Was I really ready to see how it all ended?

I was already an adult and married when Rowling's Boy Who Lived burst on to the scene. I was almost immediately intrigued but didn't read the books right away. But once I did, I was hooked. The story of this kid and all of his adventures (both good and bad) has a way of pulling you in. You genuinely care about the kids and want to see them do well.

As I began Book 7, I could see right away that Rowling meant business and got right down to it. There was very little background information and the action didn't wait at all to hurtle you along to that oh so final climax.

I will not give away the game here because I don't think that's fair. The book was as satisfyingly complete as I hoped it would be, as terribly sad as I expected it to be, with a few "OMGoshes" thrown in for good measure. Definitely five stars.




1 comment:

  1. he looks so young in that picture!!!
    i read the books before watching each of the movies and they were remarkably well done i thought.
    i have yet to read #5 & #6 so #7 will have to wait its turn...

    ReplyDelete