Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Oh my gosh!!!

Ok, so I'm not going to do the full review because my brains are turning into oatmeal as I sit here. It's almost 3am and I have to get up and be a grown-up again in three hours so I'll make this quick.

OH MY GOSH!!! Just got home from OOTP and WOW, it was terrific. Sirius's end was as terrible as I thought it would be. I love the way they handled it.

Let me give this critique: Having read the books at least three or four times ensured that I always knew where the holes were and filled them in myself but they cut some pretty big chunks out of the plotline. The holes left were pretty gaping - I can imagine it might have been quite a stretch for the unread movie-only HP fan. (shame, that)

Fred & George's exit was priceless. I did think, however, that the directors minimized the lasting hooplah and general rebellion on the part of the student body after their exit. But, as I told Mom (or Mum, if we're using true HP speak), this is the Empire Strikes Back episode in the series and it needed to stay intense so we'd be good and worked up for Books 6 & 7.

HP fans - don't miss this one. They did the story justice - even with all of the cuts. Non-HP loyalists - take a HP-friend if you want to start the story this late in the game. Otherwise, you'll probably hate it.

Somehow I don't think Book 7 is going to tie up all of our loose little ends so tidily. I can hardly wait. Tempting is not quite the word for the urge to pull down the series NOW, make a pot of leaded coffee and just stay up and read. Three hours is only going to make me feel bad.

OH, who am I kidding? I'm too old for an all-nighter. 'night, folks.

1 comment:

  1. i am dying to see the movie, but we'll probably have to wait till its out on dvd... i'm glad you enjoyed it, i know we will too!

    ReplyDelete