Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Tech Week

I realize that it's been a week since my last update. I'm doing pretty well to match my shoes in the morning, much less come up with witty blog fodder. *grin*

We are into Tech Week. For those of you unfamiliar with the endurance trial that is Tech Sunday, let me "splain" it to you.

For the last six weeks, we've been rehearsing five days a week for three hours a night (sometimes less, depending on what we were doing). That stopped on Sunday. Tech Sunday starts at 2pm and doesn't end until we're done. I left the theatre at 11:20pm. It was exhausting work. The first several hours were working out light cues and scene changes. We took a break for dinner and then came back for a full run of the show.

Last night was the earliest we'd been released and that was at 10:30pm. I was actually in bed by midnight. WOW.

I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. We're doing full hair, makeup and costumes now. It's so fun! The costumes are fabulous - they were built for me and they really look beautiful. We've finally got the hairstyle figured out so it's really neat too!
As if that wasn't fun enough, I was in the paper. Now, I've been in the paper several times for various work affairs, ribbon cuttings and of course events at work are in the paper all the time. But I haven't been on the cover of the Leisure since I was a Senior in High School. It's kind of funny to see too.



(I'm on the right - isn't that stand-up collar cool??)

Anyway, last night we did just scene changes. Several of us have really quick costume changes and working those out takes some practice.

Tonight and tomorrow night are our dress rehearsals and then we open on Friday. I'm SO excited! All this work and here we are.

Well, I'd better get back to it. I'll post pictures soon. I promise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment