Friday, February 9, 2007

"I support the Troops but...."



When I hear people say things like, "I support the troops but I don't support the war." - isn't that a contradiction? How can you truly support a soldier if you don't also support what he/she is there to do? If you whine and complain because he/she is far away from home for months at a time, are you really supporting that soldier?
*sigh*


Look, I don't like this war any more than anybody else, ok? I would much rather have J home, safe and sound, than in Iraq. But, he is there to do a job and he is risking his life doing it. How can I "support" him if I don't support his mission?

It seems like a lot of folks are holding signs tearing down President Bush and the War in one hand and then waving their American Flags with the other.

I just don't get it. For the record: fridaynightgirl supports President Bush. I support the US Military and wish them Godspeed home to their families, safe and sound, "mission accomplished." Until then, I will continue to hang my flag in front of my house and shake my head and frown at young punks and celebrities with the audacity to spew filth, hate and dissention without stopping to realize that people died to give them the freedom to do so.

*clearing throat*

[and this ends today's Soap Box Sermon]

No comments:

Post a Comment