Friday, July 1, 2011

Update on sleeping

Ahhh...the sweet sight of a peacefully sleeping baby. There is nothing quite like it. Especially when it wasn't achieved the hard way; with 30 minutes of wailing and gnashing of teeth. And that's not counting what princess crybaby was doing. Haha

Tonight, i tried something different...

I gave pc her bottle, read her a bedtime story and said prayers with her (like always), and then sat there, rocking, until she was calm enough to put in her crib. Then, instead if leaving the room, I sat back down in the rocking chair while she played quietly another 20 minutes, or so. When she was ready for sleep, she began to fuss in that whiny, "mommy I'm so sleepy but I need a little more cuddling" cry. I picked her up and rocked her in the rocking chair about 10 minutes. She was out.

I'm about to go to bed - it'll be the first night in a week without a headache.

No comments:

Post a Comment