Thursday, June 30, 2011

For the birds

I have officially given up on letting Princess Crybaby cry it out. It feels wrong and cruel and , frankly, Scarlett, I don't give a damn what the "experts" say. We're done subjecting ourselves and her to nightly torture rounds.

I sat on the floor, in front of her crib, and let her look at me until she fell asleep. she was hiccuping from crying son hard, but she was peaceful. When I picked her up to soothe her, her little body was clammy from the exertion. This is not the right way. At least, not for us.

I never let Munchkin cry it out and she is a great sleeper. There are some lessons about sleep we might have to wait to teach until she has more language. For now, we will work to find a more peaceful solution.

I downloaded The No Cry Sleep Solution by elizabeth pantley to my kindle app. I'm looking forward to reading it.

Here's hopin'!

3 comments:

  1. Well, if she is still this miserable after this long it's worth doing something else. I'm sorry it's been such a hard time. You settled down after a few rounds. I feel responsible for telling you this way. I hate that it's been such a bad thing. I love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh mom, it's not your fault. I am an adult and I made the choice to try this way. It didn't work for us. Even Edison said his best ideas were usually monumental failures most of the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo many questions about why it didn't work. How ol is she now? Why were you in the room? How many nights did you give it a go? It took all of mine 3-7 days to get sleeping down. I never tried it till they were over 9 months old. Hated every minute of it but extreme sleep deprivation is hazardous to everyone's health. Seriously. It's the most commonly used form of torture.

    ReplyDelete