Friday, December 3, 2010

The Proverbs 31 Woman

My friend Sarah blogged about raising girls and the social philosophies associated with the task.


I used to struggle with this idea too until I spent some very real time with God and Proverbs 31. The Prov 31 woman has a lot of business savvy, she is super-organized and runs the house. She is much more than "just" a wife and mom.


I think the "lady in waiting" ideal is another one of those goofy things that came out of the Dark Ages.  I guarantee you the mother of the Prov 31 woman didn't let her daughter sit around, looking pretty, waiting for her prince to come.  I'm sure she was expected to learn the necessary skills needed to be the CEO or the home.


While our economics has changed and staying home full-time may not be an option for every woman, as mothers, I think it is our responsibility, as mothers, to equip our daughters to manage the demands of running a household, and finding a balance between work and home.


Thanks, Sarah, for a great post - it really got me thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment