Thursday, December 30, 2010

cereal diaries - day 4

I wonder if this is a new phase. Now that we've started cereal, when she wakes up and it's time to eat, she is almost hysterical as I get her bottle ready. Like she's trying to communicate she only has moments to live, MOTHER, and how on EARTH can I deny her the life-sustaining food she so desperately needs?!!!? *laugh* Then, of course, when she is given food, she's back to being the happiest baby I've ever met. Does this hot/cold approach remind you of somebody? .... me neither.

HAHA

This forward progress in the food area has caused a temporary (please God) setback in sleeping. Her naps during the day haven't really changed but she's been getting up every couple of hours at night. This is VERY hard on Mommy's brain. I feel a little like we've gone back to square one. I'm not sure how to help her. I would try letting her fuss it out but she's got some SERIOUS lung power and fussing turns into a full-fledged screamfest in a matter of moments - it wakes up the entire house. Munchkin gets back to sleep pretty quickly. The idiot boy dog, however, is not nearly as accomodating.

So, I get up every two hours, hoping she'll bounce back out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment