Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The power of a clean house

I know I've posted before of my love affair with a clean house.


The events of the past week made it a perfect time to scrub this house from top to bottom.


Life is a lot like my house. It entails a lot of coming and going and so, despite sweeping and dusting on a regular basis, every now and then you have to make time to wipe down baseboards, clean the oven and scrape away the grime that just builds up from regular use.


I think scrubbing floors on my hands and knees, oiling and polishing my beautiful, beat up antique table to a shine was just the healing balm I needed today to clear my thoughts.


Tonight, I am laying on the couch, tired from today's efforts but feeling more at peace then I have in a while.


Who knew squeaky floors could be so therapeutic? I wonder if there is a scripture about the power of cleaning?


*laugh*

No comments:

Post a Comment