Sunday, June 27, 2010

Miracle

Yesterday, we had our 4D sonogram and it was amazing.  I've looked at the pictures 1000 times already.  To see the contours of her face, that she sucks her thumb, that she puts her hands up by her face (like I do!) when she sleeps and that she has her own ideas about things is a delight.  She made us laugh yesterday because she kept turning away from the sonogram - almost like she was showing us that SHE was in charge of what we saw, thank you very much Mommy and Daddy, and we should keep that in mind for the future. 

She sucked her thumb, yawned and even smiled.  My heart just about stopped.  I didn't cry yesterday but did a little this morning when I went back and watched the video again. 

She is beautiful.  She has Matt's nose and my cheeks.  I haven't compared her picture with Munchkin yet, but I think there will be a strong resemblance since Munchkin looks so much like me and she was born with those cheeks too! 

We've sent the pictures across the web to our friends and family.  Technology is fantastic! 

What really amazes me, though, is that God has known this little girl from the beginning and what we saw yesterday He's been watching for the last seven months.  He knows the color of her eyes and the number of hairs on her head (and if they are RED or not).  He knows if she will like to sleep a lot (like Daddy) or if she'll be a morning person (like Mommy).  He knows if she will have a servant's heart (like Daddy) or a bossy get things done type (like mommy).  He already knows these things.  But, most importantly, He knows the hour she will accept Christ.  Technology is very cool, but SHE is the miracle. 

Eagerly waiting the arrival of our little girl....

[slideshow]

2 comments:

  1. Again, your blog posts are so amazing to me. I mean from a technical stand point. You have your 4d Sonagram Images on a slide show. HOW??? I think I need to have a sleep over at your house so we can sit up all night blogging. How out of control would that be?!?! hee hee ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, YES! I absolutely say yes to an all-night blogging extravanganza. :)

    ReplyDelete