Tuesday, April 15, 2008

And the list goes on and on and.....

Oh you know what I mean. 

Ok, in the spirit of full disclosure - whether they like it or not, here is the list.  For the sake of their own identities, I'll nickname them. 

1. The Rancher - Very cute.  Shows lots of promise.  Met during planting season so we are moving r.e.a.l.l....y slowly.  But nothing (so far) to make me think this guy is an idiot or a jerk.  In fact, I really like him.  Provisional Maybe.

2. The Sheriff - Cute. Limestone County.  Wants to stay near child.  Has a great voice and a neat sense of humor.  I just wished he lived closer.  Unsure.

3. Smiles - As his nickname suggests, he has a great smile.  Told me last night to "stop being so serious and have fun."  Meaning - he wants somebody to play with.  He's out.   

4. Mr. "My head is spinning" - We spent a really fun afternoon together.  I'm thinking definitely maybe.  Then I get an email from him yesterday afternoon that he's met a girl and he thinks she's his "soulmate."  Well, ain't that a kick in the head.  *laugh*  Whatever.  He's out. 

5. Lines in the Sand Guy - Lerd this guy is handsome.  Like, take my breath away good looks.  Side by side, he has EVERYTHING I'm looking for.  BUT - he doesn't like cats.  He's allergic AND he said animals in the house is like a barn.  He suggested I enjoy their company for another year and then get rid of them so I could marry him - oh, of course, while I'm in the sacrificing business, I'd have to uproot my daughter and move to Fort Worth.  He wouldn't even consider Central Texas because "God would tell him to move."  Lerd, does this sound like somebody we know?  When I very kindly explained that I don't do well with ultimatums - that they smack of self-righteousness and making decisions for God and that I was going to walk away from this, he suggested I look for Celebrate Recovery because I'm obviously still damaged from my first marraige.   He's out.

6. Aggieland - He has a smile that you just want to smile back at.  Don't know a lot about him yet - we're taking the guided communication track through eharmony.  Provisional Maybe.

7. Mr. ER - really nice man.  I laughed and laughed when we went for coffee.  He's super busy with work and his two (super cute) little girls.  We had a good time but I think "he's just not that into me."  He's out. 

8. Mr. "I want to be Kenny Chesney" - Charming, funny, great singer... No second date b/c I wouldn't stay that night.  Give me a break.  He's out. 

9. Others not worth mentioning - oh, there have several but for whatever reason, they didn't even make it off the starting line. 

Sheesh, this is tedious.  I know you have to throw a bunch back before you find the one you keep but this is ridiculous.  I had forgotten how mind-numbing having the same conversation over and over is.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Some list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess. You notice how many I said were OUT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nah - I did, but I really didn't - I just got a great laugh at your descriptions! Perhaps, in a few weeks, I'll be able to come up with some descriptions of my own, since we're using the same place! And, I'm in NJ, so you'll never know what I'll find! LOL! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete