Friday, September 14, 2007

Every Day

Wow. I was all ready to post a glib little post about the progress of my new roof. I even had pictures of my roofers, laughing on the roof today.

But then I got home and looked through the news archives and found this. This police officer was killed today. Yesterday, he helped us at the high school with the bomb threat. Yesterday, he was smiling.

*sigh*

If you haven't lately, be sure and thank a police officer. Every day they risk their lives.

'night, y'all. Tomorrow I'll report on the roof.

fridaynightgirl

1 comment:

  1. sadly- south africa loses a policeman roughly every three days, and more than half of them die in the line of duty!
    some of our cops have lost count of the number of people they've had to shoot on duty...
    they REALLY don't pay them enough!

    ReplyDelete