Tuesday, September 5, 2006

What a Terrific Idea!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





I, fridaynightgirl, by virtue of being a mommy of a stunning little girl (who will be four tomorrow) am in wholehearted agreement with the Moms for Modesty Mission Statement.



Wading through t-shirts that say "Flirt" or "Bad Girl" to find something that I wouldn't mind my pastor seeing on my Munchkin is already getting difficult. I truly feel sorry for mothers of 'tween and teen girls, although I can't imagine that it will be any easier once mine gets there *gulp*.



Having said all this, let me relay for you here the mission statement of Moms for Modesty.
  • As a Mom or Dad for Modesty I believe in common-sense modesty for girls and young women.

  • I believe in refraining from sexualizing our girls and young women.

  • I believe that it is unwise and unfair to taunt boys and young men by permitting my daughter(s) to dress in an immodest manner.

  • I believe that true beauty comes from within and I strive to teach my daughter(s) this truth.

  • I will loyally shop at retailers that provide girls' and young womens clothing that is modest, affordable and stylish.
If you agree with this, I urge you to go over to Everyday Mom and tell Jules you think so! To take it one step further, please feel free to post your feelings on your own blog but be sure to link it back to Jules so it will have the maximum impact.

3 comments:

  1. Hey FNG! I found that too!

    I like your template alot. Your blog looks so bee-you-tee-ful! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN! I’m definitely for that! Great POST!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMEN! I’m definitely for that! Great POST!

    ReplyDelete