Tuesday, July 4, 2006

She's Alive!

Yes, I really am still around. You know the down side of having too much to do? You have TOO MUCH TO DO! ::grin::

The musical is picking up speed. I had my costume fitting this week and the costumes are going to be magnificent. I'm wearing purple - a color I wouldn't be caught dead in normally because orange hair and purple do NOT go together unless you want to look like a clown. But, I am going to have black hair so it's my one chance.

Munchkin will be home in 12 days. I cannot wait. I wish I could go get her. I think she's had about all the fun she can stand. They've gone to the beach and fishing and the zoo and the aquarium and the drive-thru animal preserve (I have a really funny picture of a giraffe sticking its head in the window) and a strawberry farm and...well, you get the picture. She's been busy.

But all fun has to eventually come to an end and I think she's ready to come home. K and I are re-decorating the Munchkin's bedroom this coming up weekend. We are doing a flower border around the bottom trim and maybe some butterflies on the walls. I have these really neat animal puppets that I want to mount to her walls and some little shelves and I want to get her some little hooks to hang her costumes and things on and I got her a little mirror for her wall. It is going to look great. I'll post a picture when I get it finished.

Today was the best 4th of July I can remember. K and I went down to the parade and walked about 544 miles up and down Main Street and Central. It was great fun.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The Marching 100 heads down Main Street - Mom says they are ready for the fast entrance again. I told her good luck convincing the band directors of that..

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Mom was a parade float judge this year. She was having TOO much fun on the bandstand.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is great - a true Central Texas tradition - Dr. Long attaches little red wagons to his mower and drives in the parade; one for every grand and now great-grandkid. He's been doing it for 32 years. They said his "wagon train" was over 100 feet long now!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The local Shriners always race their go-carts in the parade. They drive in these crazy figure-eights, squealing their tires; much to the delight of the crowd.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The Relay for Life float won this year. It is a great float - this picture doesn't do it justice.

After the parade we ate lunch and then came back to the house to cool off. Later, we went to Confederate Park and watched them hand out the awards from the parade and then over to Yettie Polk Park and looked at crafts and heard a couple of kids in the Fiddler's contest.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Then, tonight, K & I went for dinner over at a new friend's house and then over to the Center to watch the fireworks in Miller Park. We ended the day with Starbucks.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Truly a fantastic day.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It doesn't seem possible that it is really only Tuesday and I have to get up and go to work tomorrow and rehearsal tomorrow night. That being the case, I'd better sign off and crawl into bed.

Happy Birthday, America.

2 comments:

  1. She lives! She lives!

    Wow...seeing those photos of my "hometown 4th of July parade" should make me homesick, or something, and all I can think of is..."nope...don't miss it..."

    LOL!

    Glad you had a great day! Can't wait to see Munchkin's new bedroom and hear about your performance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She lives! She lives!

    Wow...seeing those photos of my "hometown 4th of July parade" should make me homesick, or something, and all I can think of is..."nope...don't miss it..."

    LOL!

    Glad you had a great day! Can't wait to see Munchkin's new bedroom and hear about your performance!

    ReplyDelete