Tuesday, November 1, 2005

Stomach Ache

I haven't decided whether or not to go back to bed. My side hurts. I have this little voice in my head (no, not THAT kind of voice) that is rather paranoid and tends to have a tendency to sound like a hypochondriac. Well, this little voice is saying, "it's your appendix." Not that I would know where my appendix is in the first place, but it's where they always point to on the TV shows.

Most likely I slept funny last night and have a "crick" in my back (whatever crick means anyway). So, I'm debating laying down on the couch, putting in one of the LOTR movies and starting a nap. Maybe it'll be such a great nap that I won't wake up until my "crick" goes away. *grin*

I have a job interview tomorrow! I'm excited. It's a construction superintendent position. I would have a list and a schedule and it would be my job to keep everybody on track; building residential homes. How AWESOME would that be? I love the process of homebuilding. I don't want to do new home sales because it is too far removed from the quality part of the work. Like insurance sales, I had to make my living based on what somebody ELSE was doing. If something was messed up, it was probably out of my control but because I was the salesman, I still took the hit. YUCK. Never again, says I.

When my brother and I were children, we would design and then plan the construction of houses. Imaginary, of course, but what fun we had. We would occupy days and days and beg our mother to take us to the home improvement stores so we could get ideas and paint samples and roofing brochures and... Well, you get the picture. As I got older, I realized that architects have to know how to draw and must be very good at math. Not to mention that they design a lot of things other than houses and that just wasn't interesting to me. So, I put those childhood memories and dreams in a drawer.

I know it would be a lot of hard work. I mean, dealing with construction workers (especially since I'm a woman) would be a big job. I probably would have to break down and learn at least a little Spanish (something I've avoided because I was an opera singer and it just didn't seem relevant). Oh, and I might even have to trade in my high heels for ...gulp... boots? *giggle*

I don't know. I think it would be a challenge and talk about tangible results for your work. Gosh, you get to do the final walkthrough of a house that, partly because of your organization, is completed on time and to the quality and specification required? How AWESOME would that be??

I'm a little nervous, too, though because I know NOTHING about construction. Absolutely nothing. My dad came over last night to oil the lock on my front door. He asked me for some pliers. I handed him a pair of my needle-nosed pliers that I use to make jewelry. Hey, they are pliers too, right??? Aren't they all the same?? *grin* So, I would have a LOT to learn. But, isn't that one of my favorite things to do - learn?

So, we'll see.

In other news - I've been made a part of the staff over at House-Pride. *happy dance* I told Kiana that I like to think of myself as laid back and wise because of my age but, in all reality, I'm too much of a type-A to be laid back and my wisdom just (mostly) comes out as hot air. *grin* So, whatever. At least I'm around a lot.

I submitted my entries for the new Interhouse Competition. The challenge was to plan "THE" party of the year. I can't say or give details (obviously) about what I planned, but I had so much fun doing it! I don't even care if I win or not. I enjoyed the planning so much that I printed out my plans and put them in my big idea book; just in case I ever have an opportunity to pull of a (much cheaper) version of my party idea. Talk about fun.

Ah, I've just yawned for the 30th time in a row, so I'm going to finish this up for now and go curl up on the couch. Thus is the life of a bum. blah.

6 comments:

  1. Hey!, I'm Agus, from House Pride.
    Regarding the mentioned site, I've already told you congratulations for becoming part of the staff, but however I'll say it once more ..to state it clearly in your blog ;): congrats!.
    I am also doing the Inter-House Competition and I'm completing part B, since yesterday I've finished part A. Your are right, it is so much fun =)

    Anyway, just a thought: I believe everyone has a little hypochondriac person in us. It happened the exact same thing with me: like a month ago I had a terrible pain on the side, and I went to the hospital almost convinced I had a problem with my appendix. Turned out to be a nervous thingy, ^^.

    So ..*dives back into House Pride*
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!, I'm Agus, from House Pride.
    Regarding the mentioned site, I've already told you congratulations for becoming part of the staff, but however I'll say it once more ..to state it clearly in your blog ;): congrats!.
    I am also doing the Inter-House Competition and I'm completing part B, since yesterday I've finished part A. Your are right, it is so much fun =)

    Anyway, just a thought: I believe everyone has a little hypochondriac person in us. It happened the exact same thing with me: like a month ago I had a terrible pain on the side, and I went to the hospital almost convinced I had a problem with my appendix. Turned out to be a nervous thingy, ^^.

    So ..*dives back into House Pride*
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *grin* Exactly what my malady turned out to be, as it were. *shrugs* Oh well.

    And, I can't win anyway (don't know what I was thinking) since I'm a member of the staff. But it sure was fun coming up with it!

    I can't wait until the results come out. I hope they'll share the party ideas with everybody!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *grin* Exactly what my malady turned out to be, as it were. *shrugs* Oh well.

    And, I can't win anyway (don't know what I was thinking) since I'm a member of the staff. But it sure was fun coming up with it!

    I can't wait until the results come out. I hope they'll share the party ideas with everybody!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could I possible know what happened?. I mean, I could PM Kiana, but I don't wish to, so maybe you could help me =)

    However, only if you wish to. I understand if you don't want to speak about it.

    An aside note: I could tell you how the results were of the inter-house competition, if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could I possible know what happened?. I mean, I could PM Kiana, but I don't wish to, so maybe you could help me =)

    However, only if you wish to. I understand if you don't want to speak about it.

    An aside note: I could tell you how the results were of the inter-house competition, if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete