Sunday, November 13, 2005

Fun While It Lasted

You know that moment, at the very end of the Truman Show, right after they cut the transmission on the show? Everybody looks at eachother and says, "wonder what's on next?" Well, I closed the book on House Pride on Friday. *sigh* It sure was fun while it lasted. Three months and 630 posts and then I pulled the plug.

Two bull-headed people that wear their hearts on their sleeves and were both convinced in the total rightness of their position faced off. I decided that my time was better spent searching for other endeavors than dealing with the mind-numbingly blind association with the idiotic-Pat Robertson-pseudo-Christians of this world; just because I am uncompromising about my beliefs and that the aspects of my faith are non-negotiable. Well, that and my presence was unwelcome.

The good news is that nobody got hurt. Well, I was more than a little heart-broken at having to say so little to those who I have begun to call friends. There was not really time for explanations; it would have made the immediate situation worse. The biggest disappointment, though, came from the altercation itself. For a person who claimed to be able and willing to discuss sensitive topics as a mature adult, without fear of reprisals or retribution; she proved to be quite unwilling or unable to do just that. Once she heard words that she didn't like; the exchange was over. Her reason shut down and her emotion took over. Which, is quite unfortunate, but a peril one must face in taking on any such conversation. I knew how the scene would end before we even began, but felt compelled to answer truthfully when asked about my beliefs.

Perhaps one day, she'll realize that I am not her enemy and have no desire to be. I love her because she is a divine part of God's creation. Her life choices do not change the truth of the nature of her Creation; nor do they change the reality of the message I tried to convey. She is a person with a heart and a spirit that yearns for the truth of God's love and forgiving grace. I will pray daily for her and that God would, perhaps one day, give me an opportunity to be a true friend to her. One who would encourage her to examine her heart and know the truth. That she would come to know the wonderful promise that is found in grace.

I told Mother though, that it irked me that God would choose to use me to speak the truth in love a WEEK before the Harry Potter: Goblet of Fire Premiere. *pout* Oh well... Night, kids.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, here Agus again.
    I saw the message in House Pride and I thought it was you, don't ask me why. Then I tried to look you up in the user list but you were gone. So I started thinking I was kind of right.

    It is a pity!. I enjoyed seeing you around in the forum. I really don't know what was the problem [guessed something related with religion] ..but well, again: it is a pity.

    I believe I will still be passing once a while by your blog, because now I'm used to =)

    The best of lucks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, here Agus again.
    I saw the message in House Pride and I thought it was you, don't ask me why. Then I tried to look you up in the user list but you were gone. So I started thinking I was kind of right.

    It is a pity!. I enjoyed seeing you around in the forum. I really don't know what was the problem [guessed something related with religion] ..but well, again: it is a pity.

    I believe I will still be passing once a while by your blog, because now I'm used to =)

    The best of lucks

    ReplyDelete