Sunday, August 28, 2005

Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?

Had a good weekend. Went to see The Brothers Grimm on Saturday night. It was entertaining, but I won't be putting that one on my "to buy" list. Heath Ledger was adorable in an awkward and bumbling way. Matt Damon's accent was atrocious and that smirk made me want to scream. The story was fun, though. I really liked how they wove in all of the fairy tales into the plotline without making a, "hey, that's the Princess and the Pea" or "hey, how about a little Rapunzel for ya?"

Still no word from J. I hope he gets out of Louisiana before the hurricane hits. Of course, that hurricane could also delay the ex's departure for New Jersey, which concerns me. But, God is sovereign and in charge of the weather.

Had a scare tonight. The improbable occurred to me and I suddenly found myself tossing around conversation starters that filled me with dread. Fortunately, it was a false alarm all around. I had a hot bath and am about to go to bed. *whew*

Baby girl is home and I could tell that she'd missed me. We moved all of the stuff that had been at her dad's house into her room. It is very full but very cute now.

Needless to say, I've changed her birthday presents list to mostly clothes, since she's pretty stocked on toys. *laugh* I had to rotate MOST of her toys up into the loft for a while since she now has all of her other toys here.

Well, I'm pretty tired tonight, so I think I'll wrap this up and head to bed. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day. Baby girl goes back to school, alumni meeting at noon, meeting with my boss at 2:30 and then class at 4:00. *sigh* I just hope I don't get fired tomorrow. What a blow that would be. Not a shock, but a seriously frustrating prospect.

Hopefully, the college will call about an interview for the recruiter position. *crosses fingers* I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment